12.17.2010

Only a Single (iPhone) Photo Here: The Turning Point

2010 has not been great. In fact, it has been kind of a bitch. I had been sick a lot, had to deal with Lord Voldermort's other half who made my life hell and someone close to me got very sick. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful and I know I am blessed, but there were just too many days in this year when I thought "this is the day I couldn't do it anymore".

The irony is this year is peppered with the most amazing days of my life.  I got married last February. I learned photography from the most talented pros out there and met the most awesome people who trusted me with their personal moments.

Well, why am I in the turning point? Last weekend, I went snowboarding. I got myself talked into going into a black diamond run called the Challenger.  I grew up in a tropical country, so this is definitely a major risk after only two irregular seasons behind my belt. That is one of the most difficult levels: one mile long, 2 cliff edges, narrow paths and experts whizzing by. I stumbled, I fell, got extremely bruised but dammit I made it to the end, all bones intact.

Something clicked during that snowboarding run and boosted my spirits. It's a turning point to change my life's course and turn the amazing days into an amazing 2011 (and beyond). Life is too short.

As I move to a clearer path in life, I can't hardly wait to see what new things I will create with wonderful people through the only art I know, photography. I don't know how my style will evolve, what new things I will learn or where the creative process will take me. All I know is that it's time to kick-ass.

12.25.2010 Yearend Update: I just came into a conclusion that my best accomplishment this year is standing up for what is right despite some shitty trade-offs. I feel good about that.  As my friends Gio and Richie always said, "Here's to the good life".  Amen.

I don't usually write personal posts. Thanks for letting me share.  Friends, thanks for the love and Trace thanks for the note. I pasted it on my wall where I can always see it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment