9.13.2010

Sweet Singapore Rendezvous

I've been to Singapore a handful of times but I have never enjoyed it as much as I did during a 6 hour layover trip in my 33 hour adventure flight across the Pacific. I don't know if it's a few years that passed since I last dropped by or because I was in a company of a very good friend or if it's the first time I'm seeing the city colors behind a lens.

I strolled by the Arab streets despite the heat and humidity of the noon sun. Light lunch at a Turkish restaurant with various Hookah pipes on display. I can imagine the streets pulsating with energy at night while the yuppies (is this still a valid term?) take a drag of hookah while dining alfrescoe. After some time, I had to take comfort in the airconditioned Orchard road malls. Took the Subway and it is packed for a Sunday afternoon. The best part about the trip? Walking by Clark Quay and all the different places and talking to the locals -- a vibrant bride and groom, the artshop owner whose woman paper model sticking across the wall piqued my curiousity and  parents watching over their kids run across a fountain spray. These kids are just laughing, squealing and begging mom and dad to stay a bit longer than planned. Oh what joy is it to be young and have no cares in the world.

And yes, in Clark Quay there is a bar called Clinic, and the seats are wheelchairs.





















1 comment:

Claire Amkraut said...

Kids in the fountains are amazing!

Post a Comment